ssl start again

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jeff Clark, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Jeff Clark

    Jeff Clark Guest

    My question got lost in translation.

    How do i require ONLY 443 on one site and ONLY 80 on the other. The secure
    portion does not use Host headers!!!!

    I have 2 websites on the same machine

    SSL.MyMachine.com
    Normal.MyMachine.com

    I want the guy who hits SSL.MyMachine.com to only be able to use port 443
    and never port 80
    I want the guy who hits Normal.MyMachine.com to only be able to use port 80
    and never port 443.

    That is because I do not want some guy going to
    https:/SSL.MyMachine.com/data on port 443 then changing the URL

    to https:/Normal.MyMachine.com/data because that is a whole different web
    site.

    How do i require ONLY 443 on one site and ONLY 80 on the other. Becuase the
    secure portion does not use Host headers!!!!

    Armored Truck analogies are welcome!

    Jeff Clark, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Jeff Clark

    Ken Schaefer Guest