SSL Termination and ASP.NET 2.0

Aaron Sanders

I've got a question regarding SSL termination with a Cisco Content Switch
model 11503. I read article 91044 (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=910444),
but I need clarification. I've got a Web site using SSL and secure cookies
with requireSSL=True. I'm getting ready to install a Cisco content switch,
and use it for SSL termination as well. When I do that, I will no longer be
running SSL on the servers. From what I understand, requireSSL=True in
Web.config will no longer work, because ASP.NET will detect that the cookie
was sent from the client over a secure connection, realize that the server is
not running SSL, and reject the cookie. According to the article, the content
switch passes no indicator to the server that it is handling the SSL
termination. However, you can programmatically force ASP.NET to use secure
cookies by adding a little code when the cookies are passed. Is this correct?