SSL with ASP & ASP.NET

JeffDandy

Hi all -

We have a site that is largely ASP but we've begun moving pieces of
the site over to .NET (C#). There exists a certificate for the
website that works perfectly for the ASP based pages, but does not
react the same way for the .NET pages. When I enter the url https://<mysite>.asp
it displays the security notice and the lock is displayed at the
bottom. When I try the same thing with any .NET pages (such as
https://<mysite>.aspx) I get the security alert stating I am about to
view pages over a secure connection, and then immediately after I
click OK I get another security alert stating I am about to leave a
secure Internet connection and it takes me right back to http://
<mysite>.aspx.

I've searched around and the only thing that I found is that there may
be permission based issues with the ASPNET account not having access
to the certificate.

I've tried programmatically forcing to https (by redirecting) and that
just causes an endless loop because of the same issue above.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff