    Which is the difference betweeen the use of ASP with and without SSL? Is
    it only the https and not the http or implies another changes?

    Thank you very much.

    Artur Undebarrena, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Artur Undebarrena

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Artur Undebarrena" wrote:
    : I want to know how to send data through forms HTML with SSL and ASP.
    : Which is the difference betweeen the use of ASP with and without SSL? Is
    : it only the https and not the http or implies another changes?

    Artur...

    I believe the https being the protocol is relevant to the server supporting
    certificates use for a secure connection. I don't think ASP is involved
    here but actually works at a different layer. Have you tried it yet?.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Artur Undebarrena

    Mark Schupp Guest

    The only difference is that the URL needs to start with https. The
    server-side code doesn't care unless you want to verify that the request is
    secure (look for
    Request.ServerVariables("HTTPS") = "on").

    If you will be switching back and forth between https and http in your
    application then you will most likely lose session variables between the 2
    protocols.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development