SSL

Artur Undebarrena

Hello

I want to know how to send data through forms HTML with SSL and ASP.
Which is the difference betweeen the use of ASP with and without SSL? Is
it only the https and not the http or implies another changes?

Thank you very much.

Roland Hall

:
: I want to know how to send data through forms HTML with SSL and ASP.
: Which is the difference betweeen the use of ASP with and without SSL? Is
: it only the https and not the http or implies another changes?

Artur...

I believe the https being the protocol is relevant to the server supporting
certificates use for a secure connection. I don't think ASP is involved
here but actually works at a different layer. Have you tried it yet?.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Mark Schupp

The only difference is that the URL needs to start with https. The
server-side code doesn't care unless you want to verify that the request is
secure (look for
Request.ServerVariables("HTTPS") = "on").

If you will be switching back and forth between https and http in your
application then you will most likely lose session variables between the 2
protocols.