    How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
    guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
    this respect?

    Andersen, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Andersen

    none Guest

    Andersen wrote:
    > How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
    > guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
    > this respect?

    An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
    eg: -Xss1024k

    Tim

    none, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Andersen

    Andersen Guest

    none wrote:

    > An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
    > eg: -Xss1024k

    But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

    Andersen, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Andersen

    Andersen Guest

    Andersen, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Andersen wrote:
    > none wrote:
    >>
    >> An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
    >> eg: -Xss1024k
    >>

    > But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

    There is a Thread constructor that takes stackSize as an argument. Not
    sure which, if any, JVMs support it. Obviously the impact of your
    application is going to VM specific.

    Tom Hawtin
    --
    Unemployed English Java programmer