stack size

Andersen

How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
this respect?

none

Andersen said:
How do I set the stack size of individual threads? Is there any way to
guarantee it is followed? Any specific JVMs known to behave better in
this respect?

An example would be to use the -Xss argument on sun jvms
eg: -Xss1024k

Tim

Thomas Hawtin

Andersen said:
But this is not for individual threads, this is for all threads!

There is a Thread constructor that takes stackSize as an argument. Not
sure which, if any, JVMs support it. Obviously the impact of your
application is going to VM specific.

Tom Hawtin