Stack Trace Line Number

Guest

I created an error handling page which sends out an email with error
information.
one of the things included in the email is ex.StackTrace.
But in the email, I don't see any offset numbers (the '+number')

eg.. if the error is
object.]
aspnet.debugging.BadForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34

in the email I get:

object.]
aspnet.debugging.BadForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Does any one konw why the numbers are not there?
Is there a way to get the '+number'?

Thanks

Jc Morin

Hi Hope,

Stack trace do not contains all information in release version (compared to
debug).

Is that possible in your case?

Scott Allen

Hope:

Have you tried building the PDB files alongside your dll?

(Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Build ->
Generate Debugging Information).