stack trace

bob

Hi,

I have no idea if this is possible but I'll ask anyways.

I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.

The codebase is legacy so it would have to integrate with that.
Upgrades and such like aren't really a possibility so something thats
pluggable or easily integrated into an existing codebase is what I'm
after.

thanks and regards

GrahamOooooooooooooooooo

Ian Collins

Hi,

I have no idea if this is possible but I'll ask anyways.

I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.

The codebase is legacy so it would have to integrate with that.
Upgrades and such like aren't really a possibility so something thats
pluggable or easily integrated into an existing codebase is what I'm
after.
Rather OT, but you could either run the app in a debugger, or if your
platform supports them, look at the generated core file.

Pete Becker

I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.

There's a tool that does this. It's called a debugger. <g> Java builds
one into every application, whether you need it or not.

bob

Thanks Peter whats a debugger ? (thats common feature of the english
language called sarcasm and its built into most languages).

Thanks Ian but no corefile available, I'm on windows.

Anybody have any other ideas... apart from Pete ;)