    thanks and regards

    GrahamOooooooooooooooooo

    , Jun 14, 2006

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have no idea if this is possible but I'll ask anyways.
    >
    > I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
    > available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
    > trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.
    >
    > The codebase is legacy so it would have to integrate with that.
    > Upgrades and such like aren't really a possibility so something thats
    > pluggable or easily integrated into an existing codebase is what I'm
    > after.

    Rather OT, but you could either run the app in a debugger, or if your
    platform supports them, look at the generated core file.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Pete Becker Guest

    wrote:

    > I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
    > available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
    > trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.

    There's a tool that does this. It's called a debugger. <g> Java builds
    one into every application, whether you need it or not.

    --

    Pete Becker
    Roundhouse Consulting, Ltd.

    Pete Becker, Jun 14, 2006

    Thanks Peter whats a debugger ? (thats common feature of the english
    language called sarcasm and its built into most languages).

    Thanks Ian but no corefile available, I'm on windows.

    Anybody have any other ideas... apart from Pete ;)

    Pete Becker wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    > > I'd like to know if there are any techniques/patterns/libraries
    > > available (I'm thinking Boost) that will provide details of a stack
    > > trace upon crash. Something similar to that available in Java.
    > >

    > There's a tool that does this. It's called a debugger. <g> Java builds
    > one into every application, whether you need it or not.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Pete Becker
    > Roundhouse Consulting, Ltd.

    , Jun 14, 2006