    Moved some asp.net code using StackFrame (built in debug mode) to a Windows
    Server 2003 box and get empty filename and filelinenumber back. Anyone know
    why? Works just fine on Win2k.

    Joe Rattz, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Joe Rattz

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Joe:

    Did you also copy the .pdb files to the new server? These files
    contain the symbols used to map instructions to source files and line
    numbers, without them you'd be missing that info from a stack trace.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Joe Rattz

    Joe Rattz Guest

    Yes, I did move that over too. Not in my initial test, but subsequently I
    read something that made me feel that would be necessary. The source code
    doesn't have to be there does it?

    Joe Rattz, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Joe Rattz

    Scott Allen Guest

    No - you should not need any source code. Odd.

    Scott Allen, Jun 15, 2005