StackFrame not working on Windows Server 2003

Joe Rattz

Moved some asp.net code using StackFrame (built in debug mode) to a Windows
Server 2003 box and get empty filename and filelinenumber back. Anyone know
why? Works just fine on Win2k.

Scott Allen

Hi Joe:

Did you also copy the .pdb files to the new server? These files
contain the symbols used to map instructions to source files and line
numbers, without them you'd be missing that info from a stack trace.

Joe Rattz

Yes, I did move that over too. Not in my initial test, but subsequently I
read something that made me feel that would be necessary. The source code
doesn't have to be there does it?

Scott Allen

No - you should not need any source code. Odd.