Stackless Python

srijit

Hello Chris,
Please refer an old message below. I unzipped python23.dll.zip and
kept python23.dll in a local folder. I started Python from a dos box
(Win XP machine) in the same local folder. I typed help(stackless) and
got an error message, as shown below.

D:\Python23\myfiles>python
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):

So I am still confused. How do I correctly install stackless Python
2.3?

Thanks.

Regards,
Srijit

I am interested to try Stackless Python. I have downloaded python22.dll.zip.
How do I install this zip file? I already have standard python 2.2.2 installed.

You either install python22.dll in a local folder. When you start
Python from there, it will be stackless.
If you want to install it permanently, rename the dll in
windows/system32 and copy the new dll there.

In the version you have, there is a stacklessmodule.pyd which
should be in the local folder or be copied into /python22/DLLs.
This is temporary, the new version which I'm about to upload
tomorrow does not have that external file, since it is all moced into
the core dll, for simplicity.
I also do not see any documentation like tutorials,
example programs, demos etc.

There are a few test programs, if you download the CVS tree.
There is no public release, yet, this is still pre-alpha
stuff.
You can get all internal documentation by
Is it 100% compatible with standrad Python 2.2.2?

Yes, it should be. If not, let me know.

ciao - chris

Christian Tismer

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

I think this message should go to the stackless list?
Please refer an old message below. I unzipped python23.dll.zip and
kept python23.dll in a local folder. I started Python from a dos box
(Win XP machine) in the same local folder. I typed help(stackless) and
got an error message, as shown below.

D:\Python23\myfiles>python
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

Python did not use your Stackless dll as the startup
message should read differently.
It should work if you have the dll in your local
folder. Of course, you can take a copy of
c:\windows\system32\python23.dll and place the Stackless
one there. This *must* work, although it is a little
rigorous. It should look alsmost like this:

D:\slpdev\src\2.3\src\PCbuild>python
Python 2.3.3 Stackless 3.0 040119 (#51, Feb 19 2004, 13:53:31) [MSC
--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:[email protected]>
Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's