Stackless Python

Xavier Morel

Some time ago, I finally decided to check what Stackless was (exactly)
and which were the theorical concepts behind it (continuations and all).

I managed to find some documentations and papers, but most if not all of
them are related to pre-2.0 Stackless. The issue is, I just can't seem
to reach the Stackless website (http://stackless.com). Some specific
pages of the site do work (http://stackless.com/spcpaper.htm), but the
index itself always yields a 502 gateway error.

Would anyone have more informations about that? It doesn't seem to be an
issue on my side (since I tried to access the Stackless site from two
different connections and 3 computers) but I can't rule it out.

I should also note that Google is no good in this case as mostly yields
fairly old results...

Carl Friedrich Bolz

Xavier said:
I managed to find some documentations and papers, but most if not all of
them are related to pre-2.0 Stackless. The issue is, I just can't seem
to reach the Stackless website (http://stackless.com). Some specific
pages of the site do work (http://stackless.com/spcpaper.htm), but the
index itself always yields a 502 gateway error.

I see the same problem. I asked Christian Tismer (author of stackless)
to check whether the server has a problem.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich Bolz

Christian Tismer

Xavier said:
Would anyone have more informations about that? It doesn't seem to be an
issue on my side (since I tried to access the Stackless site from two
different connections and 3 computers) but I can't rule it out.

Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.

I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
the port.

Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...

Don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list for all the things
you will not find on the site. The list works :)

ciao - chris
--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:[email protected]>
tismerysoft GmbH : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's

Xavier Morel

Christian said:
Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.

I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
the port.

Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...

Don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list for all the things
you will not find on the site. The list works :)

ciao - chris

Ah yes, much better now, thank you very much

(BTW the first time I got a dead stackless.com was between xmas and new
year's eve, so the website has probably been down for more than 10 days,
just so you know, if you want to check your logs or something).

alexander.limi

Christian said:
Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.

I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
the port.

Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...

Hi Christian,

If Plone locks up on you, it normally means there's a mismatch in the
versions running below it (ie. specific versions of Zope known to have
leaks, wrong Python/Zope combination, Python on BSD without the
HUGE_STACK compile flag, etc).

If you have any problems that you can reproduce (or can connect with
the process described for debugging a spinning Zope[1] if it locks up
and you have the possibility to give us some data about it) - we'd be
happy to help you locate the problem.

In general, Plone hasn't had any significant leaks or lock-up problems
in years - that we know of, at least. :)

[1] http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope