    different connections and 3 computers) but I can't rule it out.

    I should also note that Google is no good in this case as mostly yields
    fairly old results...
    Xavier Morel, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Xavier Morel wrote:
    > I managed to find some documentations and papers, but most if not all of
    > them are related to pre-2.0 Stackless. The issue is, I just can't seem
    > to reach the Stackless website (http://stackless.com). Some specific
    > pages of the site do work (http://stackless.com/spcpaper.htm), but the
    > index itself always yields a 502 gateway error.

    I see the same problem. I asked Christian Tismer (author of stackless)
    to check whether the server has a problem.

    Cheers,

    Carl Friedrich Bolz
    Carl Friedrich Bolz, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Xavier Morel wrote:

    > Would anyone have more informations about that? It doesn't seem to be an
    > issue on my side (since I tried to access the Stackless site from two
    > different connections and 3 computers) but I can't rule it out.

    Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.

    I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
    without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
    the port.

    Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...

    Don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list for all the things
    you will not find on the site. The list works :)

    ciao - chris
    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    tismerysoft GmbH : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
    Christian Tismer, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Xavier Morel

    Xavier Morel Guest

    Christian Tismer wrote:
    > Xavier Morel wrote:
    >
    >> Would anyone have more informations about that? It doesn't seem to be an
    >> issue on my side (since I tried to access the Stackless site from two
    >> different connections and 3 computers) but I can't rule it out.

    > Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.
    >
    > I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
    > without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
    > the port.
    >
    > Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...
    >
    > Don't hesitate to ask on the mailing list for all the things
    > you will not find on the site. The list works :)
    >
    > ciao - chris

    Ah yes, much better now, thank you very much

    (BTW the first time I got a dead stackless.com was between xmas and new
    year's eve, so the website has probably been down for more than 10 days,
    just so you know, if you want to check your logs or something).
    Xavier Morel, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Xavier Morel

    Guest

    Christian Tismer wrote:

    > Thanks to Carl Friedrich, I restarted the Zope process.
    >
    > I have no idea why it broke, the site was running since 38 days
    > without problems. The Zope/Plone process was still there, blocking
    > the port.
    >
    > Maybe I should go for something simpler than Plone...

    Hi Christian,

    If Plone locks up on you, it normally means there's a mismatch in the
    versions running below it (ie. specific versions of Zope known to have
    leaks, wrong Python/Zope combination, Python on BSD without the
    HUGE_STACK compile flag, etc).

    If you have any problems that you can reproduce (or can connect with
    the process described for debugging a spinning Zope[1] if it locks up
    and you have the possibility to give us some data about it) - we'd be
    happy to help you locate the problem.

    In general, Plone hasn't had any significant leaks or lock-up problems
    in years - that we know of, at least. :)

    [1] http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope

    --
    Alexander Limi
    Plone Co-Founder