Staggering Data using DataList, Repeater, etc...

Nathan Truhan

All,

I am trying to output data in two columns, from a datatable.
However, I don't necessarily want the cells to be the same size.

What I have is the Course Catalog for our university, each course
description is not the same size, but I need it to diplay in two columns to
look like our book does.

Here is a PDF of a section of our catalog for Computer Science:
https://admissions.rags.kent.edu/catalog2004/compsci.pdf

If you look on page 3 of 8, you will see the courses listing. I need the
courses to look similar to this (don't need program descriptions that are on

Currently I have a datalist, with four labels.
Subject Header, Course ID, Course Title, Course Description.

Each has a CSS style on it so it matches the styles on the page, but there
is gaps since table cells are the same size.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Nathan

Steve Goodyear

Hi Nathan,

I would try and make an HTML table with one row and two columns and then
make a table for each course using the DataRepeater to get the formating
desired.

Cheers,
Steve Goodyear