stand alone executable using pp doesn't stand alone

Plotinus

Hi,

just trying to convert a perl script into .exe using pp (part of PAR).
Currently using a test script but no matter what script I use I get
the same error message...

Here is the script...

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Created on 01-Sep-2004 12:29:29

use strict;
use Tk;
use Diagnostics;

use vars qw/ $bstream $cie_rb $esol_rb $ocr_rb $mr_rb /;

my $bstream; my $t_pc;
# End of Code

I ran the command "pp -o li3.exe li3.pl" to create the stand alone
executable but when I run it the error message is...

"couldn't find diagnostic data in
D:\cpanrun\build\5-8-0\lib/pods/perldiag.pod CODE(0xe336d0)
CODE(0xd3a158) . li3.exe at C:/Perl/lib/Diagnostics.pm line 249,
<POD_DIAG> line 24739.
Compilation failed in require at script/li2.pl line 7, <POD_DIAG> line
24739.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/li2.pl line 7, <POD_DIAG>
line 24739"

Now I removed the line "use diagnostics" and "use strict", no
improvement
I tried -M perldiag.pod and -l c:\perl\lib\pod\perldiag.pod no
improvement
I also tried -M diagnostics but then I get a whole new error message
(not including this as I suspect it is a red herring to the problem)

Thanks in advance

Plotinus

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) (Plotinus) wrote in
Hi,

just trying to convert a perl script into .exe using pp (part of PAR).
Currently using a test script but no matter what script I use I get
the same error message...

Here is the script...

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Created on 01-Sep-2004 12:29:29

use strict;
use Tk;
use Diagnostics;

The name of the package is diagnostics. Case matters.

Sinan

Tad McClellan

Plotinus said:
use Diagnostics;

Now I removed the line "use diagnostics"

That line did not appear anywhere in your code, so where
did you remove it from?