stand alone executable using pp doesn't stand alone

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Plotinus, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Plotinus

    Plotinus Guest

    Hi,

    just trying to convert a perl script into .exe using pp (part of PAR).
    Currently using a test script but no matter what script I use I get
    the same error message...

    Here is the script...

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    # Created on 01-Sep-2004 12:29:29

    use strict;
    use Tk;
    use Diagnostics;

    use vars qw/ $bstream $cie_rb $esol_rb $ocr_rb $mr_rb /;

    my $bstream; my $t_pc;
    # End of Code

    I ran the command "pp -o li3.exe li3.pl" to create the stand alone
    executable but when I run it the error message is...

    "couldn't find diagnostic data in
    D:\cpanrun\build\5-8-0\lib/pods/perldiag.pod CODE(0xe336d0)
    CODE(0xd3a158) . li3.exe at C:/Perl/lib/Diagnostics.pm line 249,
    <POD_DIAG> line 24739.
    Compilation failed in require at script/li2.pl line 7, <POD_DIAG> line
    24739.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/li2.pl line 7, <POD_DIAG>
    line 24739"

    Now I removed the line "use diagnostics" and "use strict", no
    improvement
    I tried -M perldiag.pod and -l c:\perl\lib\pod\perldiag.pod no
    improvement
    I also tried -M diagnostics but then I get a whole new error message
    (not including this as I suspect it is a red herring to the problem)

    Thanks in advance

    Plotinus
    Plotinus, Dec 16, 2004

  2. (Plotinus) wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > just trying to convert a perl script into .exe using pp (part of PAR).
    > Currently using a test script but no matter what script I use I get
    > the same error message...
    >
    > Here is the script...

    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    >
    > # Created on 01-Sep-2004 12:29:29
    >
    > use strict;
    > use Tk;
    > use Diagnostics;

    The name of the package is diagnostics. Case matters.

    Sinan
    A. Sinan Unur, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Plotinus <> wrote:

    > use Diagnostics;

    > Now I removed the line "use diagnostics"

    That line did not appear anywhere in your code, so where
    did you remove it from?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming