stand alone VS automation - possible???

greg

Hi

Without add-ins or wizards
can I automate VS.NET from Windows console application

for example open solution, open project, make a duplicate of a web form,
compile and build project, save and exit

Thanks
GSL

Peter Strøiman

You can do quite a lot. E.g. build an entire solution using the
configuration of choice ( debug or release build ).

start a "Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt" and type
"devenv /?"

to get a list of possible commands

Note1! There's the command "command" that corresponds to the "Command
Window" in visual studio - thus it'll let you do practically everything -
including running macros.

Note2! If you try to open/build a solution that contains database projects
with references to databases, VS will try to connect to the database.
Eventually pop up a dialog requesting connection settings if unable to
connect (not practical for an unattended build server)

Regards,
Peter Strøiman