Standalone IIS server access to sql in Domain

royst

Here goes.
We have a web server that needs to go into the DMZ. I have a SQL server in
my local lan attached to the domain.
First question.

Can I setup a oneway trust with the standalone server trusts the domain.

Thanks.

royst

I want the IIS server to be standalone and have a oneway trust with the AD
in my lan.
The SQL server belongs to the Active directory domain in my lan the IIS
server is a standalone server that resides in my DMZ. I need the standalone
to trust the domain but not allow the domain to trust the standalone.

Dominick Baier

you didn't really answer my question - my i guess you are talking about authentication
- like uisng integrated security from IIS to SQL??

There is no way to "trust" a domain from a non-domain machine - the only
workaround is to replicate the account used on both ends.

That means you need an account on IIS (e.g. bob/foo) and the same account
on the sql server machine.

royst

Thanks