    (Is it possible?) How to call back, that is, call functions in .js
    file from the IE window?

    Thanks in advance! Any help will be appreciated!

    Zhiguo, Dec 10, 2009

  2. Re: Standalone .js file creates IE, and call javascript functions inthe page

    On Dec 10, 1:45 am, Zhiguo <> wrote:
    > Hi, my friends,
    >
    > The flow:
    >         A standalone .js file creates an IE window, the IE windowloads a
    > page containing javascript codes.
    > The problem:
    >         How to call the javascript functions in the IE window from the .js
    > file?
    >         How to set parameters and how to get return values?
    > And more important:
    >         How to respond to the events in the IE window?
    >         (Is it possible?) How to call back, that is, call functions in .js
    > file from the IE window?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! Any help will be appreciated!

    I've done System administration for a decent amount of time and in my
    experience, every time I see something like this, its usually solving
    the wrong problem. What are you ultimately trying to do? Submit a
    form? Pull data from a table?

    Michael Haufe (\TNO\), Dec 10, 2009