    It would be great if anyone can point me in the right direction!

    Thank you!
    M.

    MetroFix, Sep 6, 2003

  2. MetroFix wrote:

    > Hi *,
    >
    > Is anybody aware of JTA implementations I can use in a stand-alone
    > application? I.e. I would like to implement JTA style transactions
    > without having to work in a J2EE server. Does this make sense?

    Perhaps, the JTA spec apparently supports non-application server use by client
    applications.

    I would be interested in more details of your use.

    > It would be great if anyone can point me in the right direction!

    I believe Tyrex is a standalone transaction manager (supporting JTA), but their site was
    down last I looked. JBoss includes Tyrex.

    You could also do it yourself, manipulating the XAResource object directly.

    --
    Lee Fesperman, FirstSQL, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    * The Ultimate DBMS is here!

    Lee Fesperman, Sep 8, 2003