    Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff? So
    far they all want expat, xerces, or something. I need the resulting
    program to be totaly cohesive and not dependant on extra shit.

    Noah Roberts, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Noah Roberts

    Jeff Schwab Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a stand alone library that will parse xml?
    > Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff? So
    > far they all want expat, xerces, or something. I need the resulting
    > program to be totaly cohesive and not dependant on extra shit.

    Why don't you write such an entity yourself? Then there would be one.

    You might want to leverage this prior work:

    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/

    Jeff Schwab, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Noah Roberts

    Vince Guest

    Noah Roberts a écrit :
    > Does anyone know of a stand alone library that will parse xml?
    > Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff? So
    > far they all want expat, xerces, or something. I need the resulting
    > program to be totaly cohesive and not dependant on extra shit.

    libraries depending on expat are very good because they
    handle MBCS and UNICODE so they can work on Win 98/2000/XP and Windows CE.
    Personnaly I am currently using a xml parser from an opensource project
    called TinyCad.

    Some links :

    http://www.xml.com/pub/rg/XML_Parsers
    http://www.fxtech.com/xmlio/README.txt

    Vince, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Jeff Schwab wrote:
    > Noah Roberts wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a stand alone library that will parse xml?
    > > Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff?

    So
    > > far they all want expat, xerces, or something. I need the

    resulting
    > > program to be totaly cohesive and not dependant on extra shit.

    > Why don't you write such an entity yourself? Then there would be

    one.

    > You might want to leverage this prior work:
    >
    > http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/

    Yeah, I decided not to be lazy anymore and just go ahead and write
    something to parse an ini like file structure. Shouldn't be very hard
    and isn't overkill for the situation like XML pretty much is. I have
    to write it twice (C++ and PHP), but whatever...once I got one figured
    out the other will be a breeze.

    Noah Roberts, Mar 24, 2005
  5. "Noah Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Schwab wrote:
    >> Noah Roberts wrote:
    >> > Does anyone know of a stand alone library that will parse xml?
    >> > Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff?

    >> Why don't you write such an entity yourself?

    > Yeah, I decided not to be lazy anymore and just go ahead and write
    > something to parse an ini like file structure. Shouldn't be very hard
    > and isn't overkill for the situation like XML pretty much is. I have
    > to write it twice (C++ and PHP), but whatever...once I got one figured
    > out the other will be a breeze.

    Don't reinvent the wheel - you're not the only one who finds XML
    to be "too much".
    You probably should check: http://www.json.org
    And maybe take a look at this web page:
    http://ivan.vecerina.com/code/datatree

    I hope this helps,
    Ivan

    Ivan Vecerina, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Noah Roberts

    Phlip Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a stand alone library that will parse xml?
    > Something that doesn't require an external parser to do its stuff? So
    > far they all want expat, xerces, or something. I need the resulting
    > program to be totaly cohesive and not dependant on extra shit.

    The extra shit is what makes XML useful.

    (Otherwise, look at YAML, which also does not have a native C++
    implementation.)

    The extra shit is XPath, XSLT, schemas, locales, etc.

    I find the easiest XML library to grab, for MS Windows, is #import
    <msxml4.dll>, but that's because I personally find the _bstr_t and
    _variant_t wrappers on COM objects easier than relying on expat or xerces.
    That's just me.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Mar 24, 2005