Standard Lib To Use New-Style Classes?

John Abel

A while back, I saw a thread asking if the standard lib modules would be
modified to use the new logging module, and it got me thinking. As the
new-style classes will be default for 2.4, will the standard lib modules
be modified accordingly?

Thanks

John

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

John Abel said:
A while back, I saw a thread asking if the standard lib modules would
be modified to use the new logging module, and it got me thinking. As
the new-style classes will be default for 2.4, will the standard lib
modules be modified accordingly?

Who says newstyle classes will be the default in 2.4?

Patches in the direction of using newstyle classes more frequently are
probably encouraged, provided they demonstrate that they preserve
reasonable backwards compatibility.

Regards,
Martin