    gcc, and its libraries are full of macros and has layers of typedefs.
    Is there a c library which doesn't have all this (has readable
    function definitions)?

    K4 Monk, Mar 2, 2011

  2. K4 Monk

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 02/03/11 22:42, K4 Monk a écrit :
    > I'm on a linux system and want to read the library code. But I'm using
    > gcc, and its libraries are full of macros and has layers of typedefs.
    > Is there a c library which doesn't have all this (has readable
    > function definitions)?

    Yes, you should buy the book

    "The standard C Library" from Plauger.

    It is quite readable and has all functions neatly explained with source
    code.

    jacob navia, Mar 2, 2011

  3. K4 Monk

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 3/2/2011 4:42 PM, K4 Monk wrote:
    > I'm on a linux system and want to read the library code. But I'm using
    > gcc, and its libraries are full of macros and has layers of typedefs.
    > Is there a c library which doesn't have all this (has readable
    > function definitions)?

    Readability is in the eye of the beholder. To begin to sharpen
    your eye, and make it better able to perceive the motivations for the
    seeming complexities, I recommend P.J. Plauger's "The Standard C
    Library." It's a bit dated, and won't guide you through the intricacies
    of the particular Linux headers you're looking at, but it will give you
    a good running start towards understanding how library implementors
    meet their own set of challenges.

    --
    Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman, Mar 3, 2011
  4. K4 Monk

    K4 Monk Guest

    On Mar 3, 7:01 am, Eric Sosman <> wrote:
    > On 3/2/2011 4:42 PM, K4 Monk wrote:
    >
    > > I'm on a linux system and want to read the library code. But I'm using
    > > gcc, and its libraries are full of macros and has layers of typedefs.
    > > Is there a c library which doesn't have all this (has readable
    > > function definitions)?

    >      Readability is in the eye of the beholder.  To begin to sharpen
    > your eye, and make it better able to perceive the motivations for the
    > seeming complexities, I recommend P.J. Plauger's "The Standard C
    > Library."  It's a bit dated, and won't guide you through the intricacies
    > of the particular Linux headers you're looking at, but it will give you
    > a good running start towards understanding how library implementors
    > meet their own set of challenges.
    >
    > --
    > Eric Sosman

    Thank you Eric and Jacob!