Standard SOAP client library?

petermichaux

Hi,

What is the standard SOAP library for Java? Something that can read the
WSDL file. Hopefully it is as simple in Java as in Ruby which something
like

require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
proxy =
SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new("http://localhost:3000/ProductBackend/wsdl").createDriver
puts "Product: #{proxy.find_product_by_id(2).name}"

Thanks,
Peter

tom fredriksen

Hi,

What is the standard SOAP library for Java? Something that can read the
WSDL file. Hopefully it is as simple in Java as in Ruby which something
like

Apache axis is used a lot or you can also look at sourceforge.net or
freshmeat.org for other alternatives and their popularity.

/tom

petermichaux

Does anyone know about some documentation for using JAX-WS to build a
simple SOAP client? Seems like there should be a ten line example out
there somewhere. Everything I've found has been quite unreadable.

Thanks,
Peter