Standards

James Cameron

Are there any standards for program such as one from the international
standrds organisation ?

Thanks James Cameron Bsc.(Hons.)

Chris Smith

James said:
Are there any standards for program such as one from the international
standrds organisation ?

Thanks James Cameron Bsc.(Hons.)

There are lots of standards published by the ISO. Many of them relate
to programs of various kinds. Can you be more specific about what you
want?

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Chris Smith

James said:
What I ment to say are there any standards which relate to program
design, i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML but published by someone
likle the ISO or ANSI ?

I'm not aware of any specific ISO standards relating to either GUI
design or OO design. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by "program design,
i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML"... since OO design (which is where UML
fits) and GUI design are completely separate, but in any case it doesn't
sound as if I know anything that can help you.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Jacob

James said:
What I ment to say are there any standards which relate to program
design, i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML but published by someone
likle the ISO or ANSI ?

As already pointed out, your question is a bit vague.

For "program design" there are no standards, but a set
of "best practices" for common problems, also known as
"patterns". UML is a standard and is used to *describe*
and *commuinicate* the design.

For GUI there are no standards either. There are GUI-
specific patterns for common higher level problems, and
for the detailed design there is this:
http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/