  1. Are there any standards for program such as one from the international
    standrds organisation ?

    Thanks James Cameron Bsc.(Hons.)

    James Cameron, Jul 18, 2003

  2. James Cameron

    Chris Smith Guest

    James Cameron wrote:
    > Are there any standards for program such as one from the international
    > standrds organisation ?
    >
    > Thanks James Cameron Bsc.(Hons.)

    There are lots of standards published by the ISO. Many of them relate
    to programs of various kinds. Can you be more specific about what you
    want?

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jul 18, 2003

  3. James Cameron

    Chris Smith Guest

    James Cameron wrote:
    > What I ment to say are there any standards which relate to program
    > design, i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML but published by someone
    > likle the ISO or ANSI ?

    I'm not aware of any specific ISO standards relating to either GUI
    design or OO design. I'm a bit unsure what you mean by "program design,
    i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML"... since OO design (which is where UML
    fits) and GUI design are completely separate, but in any case it doesn't
    sound as if I know anything that can help you.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jul 22, 2003
  4. James Cameron

    Jacob Guest

    James Cameron wrote:

    > What I ment to say are there any standards which relate to program
    > design, i.e. GUI design ect, such as UML but published by someone
    > likle the ISO or ANSI ?

    As already pointed out, your question is a bit vague.

    For "program design" there are no standards, but a set
    of "best practices" for common problems, also known as
    "patterns". UML is a standard and is used to *describe*
    and *commuinicate* the design.

    For GUI there are no standards either. There are GUI-
    specific patterns for common higher level problems, and
    for the detailed design there is this:
    http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/

    Jacob, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Jacob <> writes:
    > For GUI there are no standards either.

    There are, e.g. ISO 9241, part 10 and following, or ISO 14915.

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jul 22, 2003