standoff XML markup tools?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Pomax, Jun 17, 2005.

  1. Pomax

    Pomax Guest

    Does anyone know of a good standoff markup tool that isn't Gate?

    I've tried to work with gate but it's very obviously not meant as a
    commercial or intuitive product, so I'm looking for programs that
    simply let me create standoff XML annotions with a reasonable
    functionality such as shifting the markup integrally through the data
    file, show/hide markup code, and uses a milestone/syncpoint system so
    that editing the data outside the program itself doesn't lead to a
    horribly broken markup (at the very least something that flags that the
    data file changed at several points and need to be reannotated in those
    parts)

    I've stumbled upon MMAX 2, which seems somewhat academic oriented as
    well (a java based program with only a marginal UI), but I'd really
    like to find a normal, professionally designed, XML editor that does
    standoff markup as well.

    Any ideas?

    (I really don't want to have to code this myself......)

    - Mike Kamermans

    Pomax, Jun 17, 2005