    something to read, and then disconnect...

    Thank you very much,

    Jean

    Jean, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Jean

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Jean <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > How Perl can start automatically my Internet connection ?
    >
    > I want to start (let's say every hour) my internet connection, look
    > for new eMails and beep or alert the user that ther should be
    > something to read, and then disconnect...

    What have you tried so far?

    We can help with problems, but we don't deliver solutions to specification.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Jean wrote:

    > How Perl can start automatically my Internet connection ?
    >
    > I want to start (let's say every hour) my internet connection, look
    > for new eMails and beep or alert the user that ther should be
    > something to read, and then disconnect...
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    >
    > Jean

    Operating system? Dialup, ISDN, DSL?

    This is very operating system/environment specific. For example you could
    get Perl to start up the Linux pppd deamon. But I'd probably use bash
    instead.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Jan 15, 2004
  4. >>>>> "AS" == Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> writes:

    AS> We can help with problems, but we don't deliver solutions to
    AS> specification.

    Well, actually, some of us *do*, but only if you pay us.

    Charlton

    --
    cwilbur at chromatico dot net
    cwilbur at mac dot com