    I have seen Home and Index. But also Default in Asp.Net web sites.

    Thanks,
    Miguel
    shapper, Apr 23, 2008

  2. shapper wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the most used name for a web site start page?
    > I have seen Home and Index. But also Default in Asp.Net web sites.

    Doesn't matter. What matters is how your server is setup.

    Generally if it is an Apache then use index.?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 23, 2008

  3. shapper

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:56:37 -0700 (PDT), shapper <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >What is the most used name for a web site start page?
    >I have seen Home and Index. But also Default in Asp.Net web sites.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Miguel

    Depends on how the hosts have their system setup.
    It can literally named anything.
    Most common would probably be index.
    richard, Apr 25, 2008