Start Search in non-frame page,results in a frameset

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jan Harders, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Jan Harders

    Jan Harders Guest

    zzapper <> typed:
    > Hi,
    > Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
    > beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
    > results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
    > possible?
    >
    > What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

    let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
    in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
    well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
    just like in any other link.

    Jan Harders, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Jan Harders

    zzapper Guest

    Hi,
    Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price, beds etc,submit). Once the submit
    button is clicked I would like the results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
    possible?

    What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

    zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
    --

    vim -c ":%s.^.CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne.|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

    http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305 Best of Vim Tips

    zzapper, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Jan Harders

    Jeff Thies Guest

    Jan Harders wrote:
    > zzapper <> typed:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
    >>beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
    >>results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
    >>possible?
    >>
    >>What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

    > let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
    > in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
    > well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
    > just like in any other link.

    I read this differently. That the search loads a frameset. You'll need
    to make the frameset a server page if that *is* what you want.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 9, 2004
  4. zzapper wrote:

    > Is that possible?

    Yes, but only if the search script can recieve data via HTTP GET (not POST).

    Assuming search.php does your search and and form.html holds your search
    form:

    In form.html:

    <form action="frame.php" method="post">
    <fieldset>
    <input type="submit">
    </fieldset>
    </form>

    In frame.php:

    <frameset rows="120,*">
    <frame name="nav" src="nav.html">
    <frame name="main" src="search.php?q=<?= $_GET['q'] ?>">
    </frameset>

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Jan Harders

    zzapper Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:26:52 +0200, wrote:

    >zzapper typed:
    >> Hi,
    >> Starting from a non-frameset. I have a search form (select price,
    >> beds etc,submit). Once the submit button is clicked I would like the
    >> results to appear in the main window of the a frameset. Is that
    >> possible?
    >>
    >> What we are trying to avoid is framesetting the entire site.

    >let me get that straight: you got a frameset where the search-page is loaded
    >in some other frame than the main content-frame, right?
    >well, in the <form>-tag of the search-page, put a TARGET="ContentFrameName"
    >just like in any other link.

    It's more complex than that. The initial form is in a totally non-frame page. So I need to call up a
    frameset at the same time as I send the results of the search to one particular frame

    zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

    zzapper, Jul 9, 2004