    lifetime cycle -- when the service starts and stops. I would like to control
    it simply: start it when I like and stop it by pressing "any key" in the
    console.
    valentin tihomirov, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Hello valentin,

    > The Web services are nice but they are hard to debug -- I need to
    > observe the trace messages in the console (I do not like to have a
    > special debug application to see the output window.) Additionally, I
    > do not undesrtand the lifetime cycle -- when the service starts and
    > stops. I would like to control it simply: start it when I like and
    > stop it by pressing "any key" in the console.

    What you'd like and what is possible are two completely separate things.
    I'd suggest you read a bit of the documentation concerning webservices (they
    live in IIS basically) and then accept that's how they work. You can write
    trace messages to the event viewer or to a database if needed.

    Jesse
    Jesse Houwing, Aug 2, 2007

  3. valentin tihomirov

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "valentin tihomirov" <> wrote in message
    > The Web services are nice but they are hard to debug -- I need to observe
    > the trace messages in the console (I do not like to have a special debug
    > application to see the output window.) Additionally, I do not undesrtand
    > the lifetime cycle -- when the service starts and stops. I would like to
    > control it simply: start it when I like and stop it by pressing "any key"
    > in the console.

    You can set the service.timeout = -1 // infinity

    That way, you can possibly debug a solution in the .Net IDE that's calling
    upon the Web service and the solution will not timeout on you.
    Mr. Arnold, Aug 3, 2007