    Is it possible to start an scheduled task on a server from ASP.NET?

    Thanks in advance.
    Tommy.

    thj, Aug 11, 2008

  2. You'll need to fine-tune the permissions/trust level granted to the ASP.NET account.

    See these articles for hints :

    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ASPNETService.aspx

    Also, download the source code for Abidar and play with it :

    http://www.codeplex.com/abidar

    Abidar is an ASP.NET task scheduler library written with C# for .NET 2.0 and 3.5.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 11, 2008

  3. thj

    thj Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:54:09 -0400, "Juan T. Llibre"
    <> wrote:

    >You'll need to fine-tune the permissions/trust level granted to the ASP.NET account.
    >
    >See these articles for hints :
    >
    >http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ASPNETService.aspx
    >
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163821.aspx
    >
    >Also, download the source code for Abidar and play with it :
    >
    >http://www.codeplex.com/abidar
    >
    >Abidar is an ASP.NET task scheduler library written with C# for .NET 2.0 and 3.5.
    >

    >Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    >asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    >foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    >======================================
    >"thj" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to start an scheduled task on a server from ASP.NET?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> Tommy.

    Thanks for your response.

    But thats not exactly what I want.

    I want to be able to start Windows Scheduled Tasks. Scheduled tasks on
    a Windows 2003 Server thats scheduled to run once a day. The user
    should have the option to run those more than once every day.

    Do you know what I mean?

    Tommy

    thj, Aug 12, 2008