    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Aug 16, 2003

  2. "Michael Wilcox" <> wrote:

    > How would I make a list (<ol>, <li>) that starts at zero and not one?

    browsers don't get it right but start at 1 anyway. To stay on the really
    safe side, make the numbering part of the <li> element contents, and use
    <ul> together with list-style: none in CSS.

    > I'm no good with the CSS autonumbering stuff.

    Neither are most of us, but the worst thing is that major browsers like IE
    haven't implemented it.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 16, 2003