    Theres a way to display that window and to have processes
    to execute in the normal system context?

    Thanks.
    Ale, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Ale

    Bill Priess Guest

    First off, just to make sure (yes, I have seen this before...), you do know
    that the process that you are going to kick off is going to be done on the
    SERVER, and not the CLIENT, right?

    Ok, good.. got that out of the way... ;)

    It doesn't really matter who kicked off the process, whether it be you or
    the aspnet_wp... what matters is if the process that you started has a UI.
    Try doing something simple like starting notepad.exe and see if that causes
    the window to show up.

    HTH,
    Bill P.

    Bill Priess, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Ale

    Ale Ale Guest

    I try to start notepad.exe and calc.exe, they have a
    UI and a main window.

    I modified privileges of aspnet_wp process as follows :
    in web config i have :

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="system" password="autogenerate"/>

    in machine.config :
    <processModel enable="true" timeout="Infinite" idleTimeout="Infinite"
    shutdownTimeout="0:00:05" requestLimit="Infinite"
    requestQueueLimit="5000" restartQueueLimit="10" memoryLimit="60"
    webGarden="false" cpuMask="0xffffffff" userName="system"
    password="AutoGenerate" logLevel="Errors" clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
    comAuthenticationLevel="Connect" comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
    responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00" maxWorkerThreads="20"
    maxIoThreads="20"/>

    notpad starts, but still without a window.
    I see the process notepad running in the taskbar, started by system
    user.

    Ale Ale, Nov 20, 2003