Starting a process on the server from a web page

fatima.issawi

Hello,

I am trying to start a process which will zip a file using a command
line utility from my webpage. I don't have any problems starting the
process (on my development machine, anyway), but once the process
starts, it doesn't return back to execute the rest of my code. I know
it finishes. It creates the zipped file. I also checked the task
manager, and the process exits in there too.

Does anyone know why this is? Does anyone have any suggestions to
implement what I am trying to do? Help!

The code I am using is (CompressFiles is called from my Page_Load):

private void CompressFiles(String[] strFile)
{
System.Diagnostics.Process myProc = new
System.Diagnostics.Process();

myProc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("\\\\sps69\\worklocs\
\winzip\\wzzip.exe", "c:\\testzip.zip c:\\test.pdf");

string test = "we are done!"; // <<<------ I never come back
here or back to my Page_Load.
}

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Fatima

Guest

Hello,

I am trying to start a process which will zip a file using a command
line utility from my webpage. I don't have any problems starting the
process (on my development machine, anyway), but once the process
starts, it doesn't return back to execute the rest of my code. I know
it finishes. It creates the zipped file. I also checked the task
manager, and the process exits in there too.

Unable to Start a Process from ASP.NET
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555134