Starting a Server using CruiseControl

Discussion in 'Java' started by Swift, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Swift

    Swift Guest

    Hi,

    We are using CruiseControl for continuous build integration on our
    project. We are planning to set it up on our server such that it stops
    JBoss (running on the server), builds with the new files from the CVS,
    and then restarts JBoss. The problem is that when we try to restart
    JBoss, CruiseControl hangs because it keeps waiting for the process to
    complete. I've tried to start JBoss as a spawned process in ANT and
    called that ANT script in CruiseControl, but the result is just the
    same.

    Upon seaching the web, I've found the following link,
    http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/Starting a server with cc
    , but even this doest not work, result being the same.

    I'm using CruiseControl-2.5, ANT-1.6.2 and jboss-3.2.6.

    If there is anybody who is using CruiseControl or knows anything about
    this issue, please help.

    Swift, Oct 12, 2006