    sp 12 on Sun Solaris.

    Thanks for your help, - Dave

    , Jul 7, 2005

  2. Juha Laiho Guest

    said:
    >Hello,
    > I have written a basic servlet of the form
    >
    >public final class MyServlet extends HttpServlet
    >{
    > public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
    > {
    > super.init(config)
    > /* do other stuff */
    > }
    >
    >}
    >
    >My question is, what do I need to do so that the "init" method is
    >invoked upon servlet (i.e. Weblogic) startup? I'm using Weblogic 5.1
    >sp 12 on Sun Solaris.

    web.xml has directives to request the webapp container to initialize
    a servlet on startup.
    --
    Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland

    Juha Laiho, Jul 7, 2005

    Unfortunately the concept of web.xml files predates weblogic 5.1 There
    is some specific way in the WL 5.1 configuration to start a servlet,
    but I don't know how. Any advice?

    , Jul 8, 2005
  4. Andrew Thompson, Jul 8, 2005
  5. . Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 wrote:

    > Unfortunately the concept of web.xml files predates weblogic 5.1 There
    > is some specific way in the WL 5.1 configuration to start a servlet,
    > but I don't know how. Any advice?

    Okay, it has to be said... you realize that BEA dropped support for 5.1
    back in February 2004, right?

    I'm not an expert on WebLogic 5.1 but you are right; it does not have web
    application deployment descriptors (i.e. META-INF/web.xml). You need to
    set up the Servlet ACLs and register it in the weblogic.properties file.
    Something like:

    weblogic.httpd.register.<virtual_name>=<servlet_class_name>
    weblogic.allow.execute.weblogic.servlet.<virtual_name>=<acl>

    The full documentation on weblogic.properties can be found at
    http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/admindocs/properties.html. There is a
    section on registering your servlet.

    A full list of all resources for WebLogic 5.1 can be found at the
    following URL: http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/resources.html.

    ., Jul 8, 2005