    Any suggestions? Is there a way to close the application as
    well?

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Fred Atkinson

    rf Guest

    "Fred Atkinson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Here is the scenario:
    >
    > I am running a Webserver on a Windows machine.
    >
    > There is an application I'd like to be able to start on that
    > machine (and another button to close it, if possible). I'd want to
    > press a button on the Web page and have that application come up and
    > run on the PC when I do.
    >
    > Once the button [on the Web page] is pressed, it would be the
    > equivalent of typing a command line in DOS.

    Er, would this program be format.com?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Fred Atkinson wrote:

    > Once the button [on the Web page] is pressed, it would be the
    > equivalent of typing a command line in DOS.

    Google: CGI.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Oct 2, 2005
  4. On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 06:10:16 GMT, "rf" <@invalid.com> wrote:
    >Er, would this program be format.com?

    No. Actually, I'm trying to turn on (and off) a TFTP server.
    Regards,

    Fred
    Fred Atkinson, Oct 2, 2005
  5. On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:24:06 +0100, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >Fred Atkinson wrote:
    >
    >> Once the button [on the Web page] is pressed, it would be the
    >> equivalent of typing a command line in DOS.

    >Google: CGI.

    So, you think that CGI is the answer.

    Thanks,

    Fred