Starting An Application

Fred Atkinson

Here is the scenario:

I am running a Webserver on a Windows machine.

There is an application I'd like to be able to start on that
machine (and another button to close it, if possible). I'd want to
press a button on the Web page and have that application come up and
run on the PC when I do.

Once the button [on the Web page] is pressed, it would be the
equivalent of typing a command line in DOS.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to close the application as
well?

Fred

rf

Fred Atkinson said:
Here is the scenario:

I am running a Webserver on a Windows machine.

There is an application I'd like to be able to start on that
machine (and another button to close it, if possible). I'd want to
press a button on the Web page and have that application come up and
run on the PC when I do.

Once the button [on the Web page] is pressed, it would be the
equivalent of typing a command line in DOS.

Er, would this program be format.com?

Cheers
Richard.