starting apache with mod_perl, error on Apache.pm

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Selmar, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Selmar

    Selmar Guest

    Hi,

    At the moment i try to install apache_1.3.29 and mod_perl1.29. The
    installations procedure was successful, but then i tried to start apache
    with “apachecrl start”, although i saw on my screen :
    ../apachectl start: httpd started”,
    then i saw in the error log “Apache.pm failed to load!.”. So i search on
    the internet for this problem. Someone said then “PerlModule Apache”
    should be added to my httpd.conf. So i have done this. Then i get the
    error on my screen while starting:
    “[error] Global symbol "@ISA" requires explicit package name at
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_p
    erl/5.8.3/CGI/Util.pm line 6.\nGlobal symbol "@EXPORT_OK" requires
    explicit package name at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
    _perl/5.8.3/CGI/Util.pm line 7.\nGlobal symbol "$VERSION" requires
    explicit package name at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
    _perl/5.8.3/CGI/Util.pm line 9.\n “ etcetera.....
    So i went to /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/CGI/util.pm and comment
    the “use strict”. After doing this i now try again to start apache:
    ”./apachectl start
    ../apachectl start: httpd could not be started”

    So do anyone know how i can start apache?

    Thanks in advance!!

    Selmar.

    Selmar, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Selmar <> wrote in news:cdlugu$p5g$:

    > At the moment i try to install apache_1.3.29 and mod_perl1.29. The
    > installations procedure was successful, but then i tried to start
    > apache with “apachecrl start”, although i saw on my screen :
    > ./apachectl start: httpd started”, then i saw in the error log
    > “Apache.pm failed to load!.”.

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html#Configuring_and_Starting_
    the_mod_perl_Server

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html

    > So i went to /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/CGI/util.pm and comment
    > the “use strict”.

    Suppose the "Check Engine" warning light on your car's dashboard started
    blinking. Would you disconnect the cables to the light or check the engine?

    > After doing this i now try again to start apache:
    > ”./apachectl start
    > ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started”
    >
    > So do anyone know how i can start apache?

    This is a question about your server configuration. Try:

    comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix

    --
    A. Sinan Unur

    A. Sinan Unur, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Selmar

    krakle Guest

    "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote in message news:<Xns952D745FB4147asu1cornelledu@132.236.56.8>...
    > Selmar <> wrote in news:cdlugu$p5g$:
    >
    > > At the moment i try to install apache_1.3.29 and mod_perl1.29. The
    > > installations procedure was successful, but then i tried to start
    > > apache with ?apachecrl start?, although i saw on my screen :
    > > ./apachectl start: httpd started?, then i saw in the error log
    > > ?Apache.pm failed to load!.?.

    > http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html#Configuring_and_Starting_
    > the_mod_perl_Server
    >
    > http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html
    >
    > > So i went to /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/CGI/util.pm and comment
    > > the ?use strict?.

    > Suppose the "Check Engine" warning light on your car's dashboard started
    > blinking. Would you disconnect the cables to the light or check the engine?

    No I'd just reset the light :-D

    krakle, Jul 21, 2004