starting/killing a process on windows?

Jani Yusef

I am using the win32pipe module to create a process like so:
self.proc_in,self.proc_out,self.proc_err=win32pipe.popen3(self.prog)
How do I kill this process from within my python application?
Obviously, if I exit the script itself this will kill everything but I
would like to kill this subprocess and continue execution. Indeed,
this subprocess is started from within a child thread of my main
application.
Any advice?

omission9

I am using the win32pipe module to create a process like so:
self.proc_in,self.proc_out,self.proc_err=win32pipe.popen3(self.prog)
How do I kill this process from within my python application?
Obviously, if I exit the script itself this will kill everything but I
would like to kill this subprocess and continue execution. Indeed,
this subprocess is started from within a child thread of my main
application.
Any advice?

Look for a script called killProcName.py which comes with the win32
modules. That will pretty much do as described.