    Thank you for your time,
    Panagiotis

    , Aug 9, 2008

  2. Ali Karaali Guest

    On 9 Aðustos, 16:31, wrote:
    > Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
    > someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
    > than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
    > etc...)...
    >
    > Thank you for your time,
    > Panagiotis

    It is a good book for beginner.

    Andrew Koening - Barbara E. Moo -- Accelerated C++.

    Ali Karaali, Aug 9, 2008

  3. Pranav Guest

    On Aug 9, 6:45 pm, Ali Karaali <> wrote:
    > On 9 Aðustos, 16:31, wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
    > > someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
    > > than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
    > > etc...)...

    > > Thank you for your time,
    > > Panagiotis

    > It is a good book for beginner.
    >
    > Andrew Koening - Barbara E. Moo -- Accelerated C++.

    I recommend for an beginner
    The Complete Reference by Herb Schildt

    Then you can move on to any intermediate books..,

    Pranav, Aug 10, 2008
  4. Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    [ ... ]

    > Note: "Pranav" is a teenage troll who doesn't seem to have anything else to do
    > than posting meaningless dribble to clc++ (here he's chosen the worst book he
    > knows of).

    Just FWIW, I think you meant "drivel" rather than "dribble".

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

    Jerry Coffin, Aug 10, 2008
  5. writes:

    > Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
    > someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
    > than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
    > etc...)...

    You know that the designer of Java made it as a step FROM C++ to Lisp?
    Don't bother with C++, go learn Lisp!

    --
    __Pascal Bourguignon__

    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Aug 11, 2008

    On Aug 9, 3:31 pm, wrote:
    > Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
    > someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
    > than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
    > etc...)...
    >
    > Thank you for your time,
    > Panagiotis

    Why do you want to change to C++? Java is such a powerful programming
    language.
    But here are my tips:

    www.developer-community.org
    www.programmiersprachen.de

    bye
    markus

    , Aug 11, 2008
  7. James Kanze Guest

    On Aug 11, 9:58 am, (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
    wrote:
    > writes:
    > > Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend
    > > reading to someone that has about 3 years Java Programming
    > > experience and more than 5-6y programming in general
    > > (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php, etc...)...

    > You know that the designer of Java made it as a step FROM C++
    > to Lisp? Don't bother with C++, go learn Lisp!

    Maybe he wants to use what he learns professionally:). C++
    remains the language of choice for most application domains.

    Not that learning some dialect of Lisp is a bad idea. It's a
    good idea to learn different paradigms, and Lisp will definitely
    help a Java programmer in that more than C++ will.

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:

    James Kanze, Aug 12, 2008