Starting to learn C++

ppeikidis

Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
etc...)...

Thank you for your time,
Panagiotis

Ali Karaali

Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
etc...)...

Thank you for your time,
Panagiotis

It is a good book for beginner.

Andrew Koening - Barbara E. Moo -- Accelerated C++.

Pranav

It is a good book for beginner.

Andrew Koening - Barbara E. Moo -- Accelerated C++.

I recommend for an beginner
The Complete Reference by Herb Schildt

Then you can move on to any intermediate books..,

Jerry Coffin

[ ... ]
Note: "Pranav" is a teenage troll who doesn't seem to have anything else to do
than posting meaningless dribble to clc++ (here he's chosen the worst book he
knows of).

Just FWIW, I think you meant "drivel" rather than "dribble".

Pascal J. Bourguignon

Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
etc...)...

You know that the designer of Java made it as a step FROM C++ to Lisp?
Don't bother with C++, go learn Lisp!

markus.schulze

Hello, I will like to ask you what would you recommend reading to
someone that has about 3 years Java Programming experience and more
than 5-6y programming in general (Pascal, Visual Basic 6, VB.NET, php,
etc...)...

Thank you for your time,
Panagiotis

Why do you want to change to C++? Java is such a powerful programming
language.
But here are my tips:

www.developer-community.org
www.programmiersprachen.de

bye
markus

James Kanze

You know that the designer of Java made it as a step FROM C++
to Lisp? Don't bother with C++, go learn Lisp!

Maybe he wants to use what he learns professionally:). C++
remains the language of choice for most application domains.

Not that learning some dialect of Lisp is a bad idea. It's a
good idea to learn different paradigms, and Lisp will definitely
help a Java programmer in that more than C++ will.