Starting Tomcat ( from Netbeans Install) from line command produces error

Discussion in 'Java' started by john bailo, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. john bailo

    john bailo Guest

    I installed the latest Sun NetBeans product including Tomcat.

    I can start and run the Tomcat server from the NetBeans IDE.

    Now I want to start Tomcat independently.

    My install directory is /opt/j2sdk_nb/netbeans3.5/tomcat406

    So I entered,

    [root@localhost bin]# export CATALINA_HOME=/opt/j2sdk_nb/netbeans3.5/tomcat406

    To confirm:

    [root@localhost bin]# echo $CATALINA_HOME
    /opt/j2sdk_nb/netbeans3.5/tomcat406

    Then when trying to run:

    [root@localhost bin]# $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh
    Cannot find /opt/j2sdk_nb/netbeans3.5/tomcat406/bin/catalina.sh
    This file is needed to run this program

    Yet the catalina.sh clearly is in the bin directory specified.

    john bailo, Aug 13, 2003