    startup.bat . but it doesn't work.
    I have J2SE installed on my computer.
    What should I do ?

    Mahdi Dabestani, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Mahdi Dabestani

    Luke Webber Guest

    Mahdi Dabestani wrote:
    > Hello everyone !
    > I downloaded Tomcat 5.5.17 and then I tried starting it with
    > startup.bat . but it doesn't work.
    > I have J2SE installed on my computer.
    > What should I do ?

    You should tell us what's happening. Are you getting error messages? If
    so, what do they say?

    Luke

    Luke Webber, Aug 7, 2006

  3. On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:49:59 -0500, Mahdi Dabestani
    <> wrote:

    > Hello everyone !
    > I downloaded Tomcat 5.5.17 and then I tried starting it with
    > startup.bat . but it doesn't work.
    > I have J2SE installed on my computer.
    > What should I do ?

    You should execute startup.bat from a command line prompt, NOT
    by clicking on it. If a window opens and immediately closes,
    change the last executable line in startup.bat
    from
    call "%EXECUTABLE%" start %CMD_LINE_ARGS%
    call "%EXECUTABLE%" run %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

    this will keep the command prompt window open so you can
    see error messages.

    Bill

    William Brogden, Aug 7, 2006