Startpage not in root folder

Yvonne

Hy all,

My problem is that my default page is not in the root folder of my
website but in a subfolder called public_pages which is in the root if
my website.

I've tried different approaches but nothing worked.

At the moment i've a page default page in the root which does the
redirect to the public_pages folder, but this is a bit slow.

I also tried it with:
- UrlMapping in the web.config file.
- Server.Transfer, but then my page appears without the pictures

Or is the solution a different configuration on IIS?

Kind regards, Yvonne

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Not sure why you have to have your main page in a folder other than root,
but one option is to set up HTTP Handlers to take default and return the
correct page. This would occur sooner in the process and should speed things
up a bit.

Yvonne

Hy cowboy ;-),

First the why:
I've also a folder admin_pages. First the 'public' pages where in the
root and only the admin-pages where in a subfolder, but then I
introduced a masterpage for all pages. I always use relativ paths to
pictures, .... You see my problem? I couldn't use the same master
because the pages were not on the same level of the folderhirarchy.
Therefore I moved the public-pages to the folder public_pages.

Can you give me a sample for this HTTP handler? I also seen it, but I'v
not yet understood what the idea is.

The best solution would be one which doesn't need a roundtrip (which I
actually have with the Redirect methode.).

yvonne