Startup Chile Company Looking For Founding Developer/CTO

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jennifer Turliuk, Feb 1, 2012.

  1. Hi everyone,

    My name is Jennifer Turliuk. I'm currently in Santiago, Chile for the
    next 6 months as part of the Startup Chile program. I think you may be
    able to help me out. We are looking to bring on a developer ASAP (see
    description below).

    If you are interested, we'd love to hear from you. Or, if you know of
    anyone that may be interested, we'd be very grateful if you would pass
    this along.

    Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Jenn

    *Startup Chile Company Looking for Founding Developer/CTO*

    We’re building a highly curated online marketplace where people can
    find others to exchange skills with on a one-to-one, offline basis.
    We’re
    looking for a full-time founding developer/CTO to join us, starting
    with
    the first 6 months in Santiago, Chile as part of the Startup Chile
    program.

    *About Us*: - Selected for Startup Chile program (alumni: Cruisewise,
    Gym-pact) - Secured seed funding - Finalist in competition to shadow
    Dave McClure (500 Startups) - Spoke on stage with Peter Thiel - First
    website was featured in magazine at age 13 - Top sales associate in
    one of N.A.’s most aggressive sales environments - Publicity stunt
    garnered $4MM in media coverage in 24hrs - Attended the Oscars &
    Grammys - Member of exclusive kiteboarding group with CEOs of
    Dropbox, Scribd, Gowalla, etc.

    *About the Role*: - Build an AirBnB for skills-exchanges, where
    people
    can list skills that they can offer and want to learn (e.g. if they
    want to
    learn Spanish and can teach programming, they can find people to
    exchange with via trade or money) - Create a new sharing economy
    where time is the currency - Join a tight team that is serious about
    winning but also has a great time - Opportunity to build a team and
    manage others as we grow - Flexible compensation includes flights
    to South America, accommodation, salary, and equity.

    *About You*: - Comfortable with backend work, particularly working
    with databases and keeping an eye on application performance -
    Excited
    by challenges and the flexibility of a consumer-facing web startup - A
    deep-seated love of efficient/elegant Python, Ruby, Node.js or Django
    (front-end knowledge is also helpful) - Passionate about the business
    idea - Able to relocate to Santiago, Chile for 6 months fairly
    quickly.

    Contact us at by February 1st.

    Jennifer Turliuk, Feb 1, 2012

  2. On 01/02/2012 18:38, Jennifer Turliuk wrote:
    > My name is Jennifer Turliuk. I'm currently in Santiago, Chile for the
    > next 6 months as part of the Startup Chile program. I think you may be
    > able to help me out. We are looking to bring on a developer ASAP (see
    > description below).

    Please don't spam the list with job adverts, please use the job board
    instead:

    http://www.python.org/community/jobs/howto/

    cheers,

    Chris