Startup key

Wally

Hi all. I've wrote, using VB.NET a windows service that starts automatically
at power ON. It works well.
Now I need that my service write a key in the registry for running an
application as soon as a user log on Windows.
I want that this application starts at logon of each user.
In which registry key I have to write the application path?
Are there VB.NET examples?

Thanks in advance

VV

scorpion53061

Windows has a few possibillities to autostart a program
when you login to windows.

- via the startup menu
- via the registry

You can use this last one in your Setup project to deploy
your application so that the registry settings will be
added when you install the application.

Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Run

In this Key you create a new DWORD and give it a name.
The value should be the executeable that you want to start
when you logon to Windows.

User:
\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\LogonUserName

Why post this to the api newsgroups?

Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB]

Hi all. I've wrote, using VB.NET a windows service

Please do not crosspost between "classic" and .NET groups. The *.vb.* groups
are for VB6 and earlier. The .NET groups have "dotnet" in their names.