Startup page problem on local

Guest

Here is my problem. I have a project MyWeb, but I created this project directly in the root, so you have

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb.sl

and the default page is

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\default.aspx, which is the same as http://localhost/default.asp

From Visual Studio, when I launch the application it starts like this

http://localhost/MyWeb/default.asp

If I click any link that points to "\default.aspx", the page goes to

http://localhost/default.aspx ===> the MyWeb is no mor

It looks like the asp process actually runs 2 different sessions in this moment and I cannot understand why

Also, in one of my pages I use the WebControls.dll library for a treeview. Randomly, but usually after like 2-3 hours of work all of a sudden when I start the application it tells me that the library has access denied. Surely enough if I go immediately in the bin folder and try to delete the library indeed it is locked. What is really weird is that if http://localhost/MyWeb/default.aspx reports the library locked, then the other one http://localhost/default.aspx works and vice-versa

It's almost impossible to unlock that library. I need to exist VS, kill the aspnet_wp.exe manually, go and change the web.config file, all kinds of tricks, it takes me like 5 minutes..

Anybody has any idea what makes the library become locked all of a sudden after a few hours of work and how can I make the start page start directly in the root and not have the project name in the link

Thank you
iulia

Torrent

When you want to create links in asp.net pages, use the microsoft WebControl
<asp:HyperLink RunAt=Server NavigateUrl="~/" ...
The "~" respresents the root path (for you : http://localhost/MyWeb).
"\" is see as the web site root path by IIS ( http://localhost) and note as
the virtual folder path.

Iulian Ionescu said:
Here is my problem. I have a project MyWeb, but I created this project
directly in the root, so you have:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb.sln

and the default page is:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\default.aspx, which is the same as http://localhost/default.aspx