State not working properly -- sessions and ASP.NET 2.0 Profiles

Guest

Hello all. I have a pretty urgent problem with state in a newly developed
e-commerce application. Some customers have experienced that the Buy-button
won't work. Needless to say, really, that my client is not happy about this.

When a user clicks the Buy-button she is redirected to a page that updates
the shopping cart. The cart is implemented with the profile-feature in ASP
..NET 2.0. Then she is redirected back to the reffering page which contains a
view for the shopping cart. The page that updates the shopping cart checks
to see if we have a valid page call. Only requests generated from the same
domain will be valid so a urlrefferer is required. However, I don't believe
this validation is the problem.

I believe it is a session-/cookieproblem because it has been solved by
clearing cookies in internet explorer (v6), though I haven't figured out how
to solve it permanently and for every user.

The application runs in inProc-mode on IIS 6.

Kind regards,
Kenneth

Guest

Problem solved. There were no errors with state. The problem was that the
URLREFERRER field was filtered out from requests by some firewalls. This
field can obviously not be trusted in public solutions.

Kenneth