    So, an overview would be fine.

    Thank you for your hints

    Rolf

    Rolf Kemper, Oct 29, 2004

  2. (Rolf Kemper) writes:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I looking for a list of xsl processors indicating what they support at
    > present.
    >
    > I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.
    >
    > My biggest head ache: What about the microsoft MSXML?? DLL. Does
    > anybody have some information how far microsft is and what do I have
    > to install (currently i'm running MSXML4)
    >
    > Next would by SAXON , XALAN ...
    >
    > So, an overview would be fine.
    >
    > Thank you for your hints
    >
    > Rolf

    according to some blogs by microsoft employees there are no plans for
    msxml or the xslt in the standard .net libraries to go to XSLT 2 ever.
    the only system currently implementing xslt2 is saxon8.

    David

    David Carlisle, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Rolf Kemper wrote:

    > I looking for a list of xsl processors indicating what they support at
    > present.
    >
    > I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.
    >
    > My biggest head ache: What about the microsoft MSXML?? DLL. Does
    > anybody have some information how far microsft is and what do I have
    > to install (currently i'm running MSXML4)

    All hearsay but MS has sometimes maintained that MSXML is not further
    developed and instead any new features are implemented in the .NET
    classes for XML. .NET 2.0 beta has XQuery support but I think doesn't
    make any attempts to implement XSLT 2.0.

    > Next would by SAXON , XALAN ...

    Michael Kay is always trying to implement the latest XSLT 2.0, XPath
    2.0, XQuery 1.0 drafts in the latest Saxon release (currently 8.1), check
    http://saxon.sourceforge.net/

    I don't know what plans xml.apache.org has for Xalan.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Rolf Kemper

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 28 Oct 2004 23:36:23 -0700, (Rolf Kemper) wrote:

    >I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.

    XMLSpy isn't an XSLT processor. It can call an external XSLT
    processor, and for some time you;ve been able to configure this to use
    Saxon and thus permit XSLT 2

    XMLSpy's editor is poor though, and has a tendency to impose ideas of
    "correctness" (often wrong) on source code that it "recognises". It
    may decide to complain about some XSLT 2 constructs as being invalid
    (I haven't investigated this very far)

    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Oct 30, 2004