State of XSLT processors ?

Rolf Kemper

Dear All,

I looking for a list of xsl processors indicating what they support at
present.

I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.

My biggest head ache: What about the microsoft MSXML?? DLL. Does
anybody have some information how far microsft is and what do I have
to install (currently i'm running MSXML4)

Next would by SAXON , XALAN ...

So, an overview would be fine.

Thank you for your hints

Rolf

David Carlisle

Dear All,

I looking for a list of xsl processors indicating what they support at
present.

I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.

My biggest head ache: What about the microsoft MSXML?? DLL. Does
anybody have some information how far microsft is and what do I have
to install (currently i'm running MSXML4)

Next would by SAXON , XALAN ...

So, an overview would be fine.

Thank you for your hints

Rolf

according to some blogs by microsoft employees there are no plans for
msxml or the xslt in the standard .net libraries to go to XSLT 2 ever.
the only system currently implementing xslt2 is saxon8.

David

Martin Honnen

Rolf Kemper wrote:

I looking for a list of xsl processors indicating what they support at
present.

I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.

My biggest head ache: What about the microsoft MSXML?? DLL. Does
anybody have some information how far microsft is and what do I have
to install (currently i'm running MSXML4)

All hearsay but MS has sometimes maintained that MSXML is not further
developed and instead any new features are implemented in the .NET
classes for XML. .NET 2.0 beta has XQuery support but I think doesn't
make any attempts to implement XSLT 2.0.
Next would by SAXON , XALAN ...

Michael Kay is always trying to implement the latest XSLT 2.0, XPath
2.0, XQuery 1.0 drafts in the latest Saxon release (currently 8.1), check
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/

I don't know what plans xml.apache.org has for Xalan.

Andy Dingley

I'm using XMLSpy which goes to XSLT 2.0 soon.

XMLSpy isn't an XSLT processor. It can call an external XSLT
processor, and for some time you;ve been able to configure this to use
Saxon and thus permit XSLT 2

XMLSpy's editor is poor though, and has a tendency to impose ideas of
"correctness" (often wrong) on source code that it "recognises". It
may decide to complain about some XSLT 2 constructs as being invalid
(I haven't investigated this very far)