    Any idea of what is happening ?

    Thanks
    Jean-Michel
    jmr, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Yeah - the problem has to do with Serialization/Deserialization of objects.
    Unlike InProc session where objects are simply memory references the out of
    proc state server serializes/deserializes the objects that you request using
    the definition of the object within the binaries.

    Basically you're storing the object initially using a particular build then
    you are re-building your solution and refreshing your page that attempts to
    access those stored variables and to deserialize them but th old binary
    doesn't exist.

    The reason you only occasionally see this is probably because the dll
    involved is a common dll that you only occasionally make changes to (e.g. a
    base class, auth dll, etc.) so this only happens when the compiler determines
    it needs to rebuild that particular module.

    Hope that helps...
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFcndpbg==?=, Nov 5, 2007