    Please advise.

    --
    Beve
    =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=, Jan 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello,

    You may try to run

    aspnet_regiis -r

    from \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder and reboot your
    server. Will this help?

    Also, you need to make if the problem occur when you save large data into
    session varaint. Based on my experience, save too many data in session also
    can cause such a problem.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Jan 28, 2005

  3. RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    Hi,
    I did run aspnet_regiis -r and reboot, it did not help.

    I am having a large ASP.NET app running on my localhost. The only thing I
    know is my state server setting was working before I installed .Net framework
    1.1 SP1 and stopped working after.

    I couldn't get the login page come up so I don't think the session even get
    started.
    Here is the detailed trace message: (the ASP.NET State service is started on
    my machine)

    HttpException (0x8007274d): Unable to make the session state request to the
    session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started
    and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a
    remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the
    value of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

    System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb
    verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 timeout, Int32
    lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout,
    SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +512
    System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.SetAsyncWorker(String
    id, SessionStateItem item, Byte[] buf, Int32 length, Boolean inStorage) +57

    System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.Set(String
    id, SessionStateItem item, Boolean inStorage) +142
    System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object source,
    EventArgs eventArgs) +465
    System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnEndRequest(Object source,
    EventArgs eventArgs) +44

    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
    completedSynchronously) +87

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=, Jan 31, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=

    [MSFT] Guest

    RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    Have you check the registry value
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameter
    s\AllowRemoteConnection". It should be set to 1. Additionally, it the
    problem occur with all the ASP.NET applications? if you create a new one,
    will it also report such an problem?

    Luke
    [MSFT], Feb 1, 2005
  5. RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    Hi,

    I reset AllowRemoteConnection = 1, it was 0. The problem still exists.

    Also, I created another asp.net project. and the same problem appeared as
    well.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=, Feb 7, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=

    [MSFT] Guest

    RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    If you change the config code like:

    <configuration>
    <sessionstate
    mode="stateserver"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    server="127.0.0.1"
    port="42424"
    />
    </configuration>

    What will be the result?

    LUke
    [MSFT], Feb 8, 2005
  7. RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    I ran without debugging and got Parser Error Message: "Unrecognized attribute
    'server'".

    If I changed to:

    <sessionState
    mode="StateServer"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    />

    It was running fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=, Feb 8, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=

    [MSFT] Guest

    RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    Hello,

    For further trouble shooting, I suggest you may download a tool named
    "TCPVIEW". It can moniter the usage of TCP ports:

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml

    You can check with the tool if the ASP.NET State Service in on the port
    42424. You may find following in the log of TCPVIEW:

    aspnet_state.exe:1340 TCP ComputerName:42424 sha-yxzhang-new:0 LISTENING

    Also, I suggest you may try to add the account ASPNET to local
    administrators group to see if this will help.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Feb 11, 2005
  9. RE: State Server stopped working after installing .NET Framework 1

    Thank you very much. It works after I added .ASPNET to local administrators
    group.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV2ZSBMeW5p?=, Feb 11, 2005