stateConnectionString error with encryption

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Eric Dugal, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Eric Dugal

    Eric Dugal Guest

    hi!

    I used aspnet_setreg.exe to generate a key in registry to hold my
    stateserver connection string info. I verify and the key was created.
    I gave read access to both ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE user. but, i
    always get that error message :

    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: The <sessionstate> stateConnectionString is
    invalid. It must have the format tcpip=<server>:<port>. Non-ASCII
    characters in the server name are not supported.

    Source Error:

    Line 16: <deny users="?"/>
    Line 17: </authorization>
    Line 18: <sessionState mode="StateServer"
    stateConnectionString="registry:HKLM\Software\WebCentral\sessionState\ASPNET_SETREG,stateConnectionString"
    cookieless="false" timeout="10"/>
    Line 19: </system.web>
    Line 20: <microsoft.web.services2>

    Ho, and that code work fine on Windows 2000, but i receive that
    message since i moved it to a Windows Server 2003.

    Any clue???

    Thanks,

    Eric Dugal, Apr 6, 2005