StateServer and Serialization

Guest

Hi,

I am currently migration my session state from InProcess to StateServer.
I notice that the object that i want to put in the session must be
serializable.
What about the objects like DataTable and Hashtable, how can i keep than
into the session, i don't think they are serializable. What if i am create a
collect object and make it serializable, does the object in this collection
object must be serializable too?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

for an object to be serializable, every property must be serializable. if
its a collection, then all objects in the collection need to be
serializable, otherwise would good would serializing a collection out and
restoring it if it did not contain the same objects.

a hashtable can be serialized, it it only contains serializable objects.
DataTables are also serializable. almost all components (objects that
implement Dispose), are not serializable.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.
If datatable is serializable and the objects inside the serializable object
must be serialized, what would happned to DataRow then? DataTable contains
the collections of DataRows and i notice that DataRow is not serializable

Thanks
Coco

Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
System.web.ui.page the problem?

I am also using stateserver for persistence. I have consistantly recieved a serializationException of type System.Web.UI.Page in assembly System.Web. How is this when I am not putting a page into session at any time? Is that not what the exception message is inferring?

I appreciate any help that can be offered.