Static and Dynamic Linking

Rajeshwaran

Hi,

I have an application which uses 4 libraries.(cppunit, factory,
awscomm, pthread) I need to statically link the cppunit library and
dynamically link the other libraries.

Is this possible? If so please let me know how.

Thanks
Rajesh

Chris Dollin

Rajeshwaran said:
I have an application which uses 4 libraries.(cppunit, factory,
awscomm, pthread) I need to statically link the cppunit library and
dynamically link the other libraries.

Standard C -- which is the core of what we talk about here, when we're
not being bitchy about what counts as a standard or an insult or
whatever -- don't know or say anything about implementation-specific
things like "static" vs "dynamic" linking. You probably want a newsgroup
appropriate to your implementation. I'm guessing comp.unix.programmer
could be your man. Men. Human. Entity. Oh look, a Narn with a bat.

comp.unix.programmer, if you're on a Unixalike.

--
Is it a bird? It is a plane? No, it's: http://hpl.hp.com/conferences/juc2007/
"- no longer a stranger to the truth." - The Reasoning, /Awakening/

registered no: 690597 England Berks RG12 1HN