    use tw and then create a screen shot to get started.

    Does anyone have thoughts on a better approach?

    KMCB

    KMCB, Feb 28, 2009

  2. KMCB wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm interested in creating a static map of a region in the US. This
    > map would be set into a picture format, so I can add it to a
    > document. I would like it to contain some town names and road
    > information. Then I would like to add points, based on LAT and LONG,
    > that can be labeled with information I provide.
    >
    > I have done some searching, Google Maps probably will not work because
    > of the License. WuGeo does not seam to have the details. I was
    > considering tw.openlayers, but do not know if that is the best
    > starting point. If I could not create the picture from Python, would
    > use tw and then create a screen shot to get started.
    >
    > Does anyone have thoughts on a better approach?

    While web-centric, you might find
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/takecontrolofyourmaps
    an interesting read.

    Andrew I MacIntyre "These thoughts are mine alone..."
    E-mail: (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
    (alt) | Belconnen ACT 2616
    Web: http://www.andymac.org/ | Australia

    Andrew MacIntyre, Feb 28, 2009

  3. KMCB

    KMCB Guest

    Andrew,

    You are correct, that article was very beneficial. It helped me
    understand the stack, much better.

    Thanks,

    kmcb

    KMCB, Mar 1, 2009